Determining which of the hundreds of colleges or universities will best meet your child’s needs and abilities has become a highly complex, costly, and often stressful process for many families. Selecting the right high school academic program, taking the appropriate standardized assessments, (SAT, ACT, SAT Subject Tests) selecting meaningful activities and refining skills, planning summer experiences and writing outstanding essays have taken on a significant role in admissions decisions. Making sure students and parents understand these factors have become a major reason many families turn to Independent Counseling.
JD College Consulting provides counseling services to deal with these issues and many more relating to college admissions. We have an excellent record of appropriate college placements for our students, including the most selective and talent-specific schools. Our professional consultants are proud to have guided hundreds of students into schools that have resulted in successful and rewarding experiences. We develop relationships and continually communicate with colleges and universities of all kinds to stay current on admission changes and academic and extracurricular programs. Our experience working in high school Guidance Departments have allowed for many years and hundreds of hours of honing our own skills and areas of expertise.
Independent Counseling is a personal relationship between our staff members and students and their families, and we will work with you on an individual basis. You may choose to work with us in our Princeton, New Jersey location or consult with us by telephone or Skype. We are available for consultations with families around the world and across the country. Our professional, experienced consultants work together as a team to provide you with a high level of support, insight, and guidance. Our goal is provide you the most fulfilling experience possible.
- Evaluations and review of student’s academic record, GPA and class rank to develop college selectivity levels
- Review of extra-curricular activities, athletics and summer programs completed or interested in completing prior to application submission
- College Search consisting of research and development of initial list of colleges and universities based on admission requirements and compatibility
- List of colleges and universities recommended for application broken down into categories of reach, on target and safety
- Additional evaluations for Artistic, Athletic and Music specific students
- Open and available for all grade levels
“Putting the Fun back into the Fundamentals of College Planning”